Sunday 6 February 2011

Kung Hei Fat Choi

Today I went to the West End to see the Chinese New Year celebrations. It's the year of the rabbit this year.

It was absolutely packed down there and i had all my camera equipment, plus my bike helmet! So it really wasn't easy to get around...
Here are a few of the photos I managed to get.
This guy is there every year. Such an amazing face...


The main street in China Town was full of people fighting to catch a glimpse of the Dragon puppet, who visits all the restaurants that tie food with a little red package outside their doors for him.
I managed to get ONE photo above all the crowds, and even that is only a little bit of his head!

Apparently, London's celebration of Chinese New Year is the biggest, outside of Asia!

3 comments:

  1. these pictures are really good
    espec the black and white one

    and its the rabbit huh?
    thanks i didnt know

    kl blog x

    ReplyDelete
  2. excellent blog entry and pictures as always! What camera do you use? Dx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I use a Canon 400D, I'd love to upgrade to a faster one soon though!

    ReplyDelete